Need Help? Call Us On 0161 776 9832 For Expert Pest Control Advice On How To Identify Pest Infestations And Help Solve Your Pest Problem.
24 Hour Over Alderley Professional Pest Control Rats
Rats are nocturnal animals, meaning they sleep during the day and come out to forage at night. They usually avoid people so humans won't see them, but this doesn't mean they can't find somewhere safe to hide. Rats may stay around homes or buildings for shelter, but they also like finding somewhere dark and hidden that feels safe to them-like a crawlspace or inside of the building.
There are many places rats will go when it's time for them to rest up from their nightly activities. Rats love hiding in tight spaces because these areas give them a sense of security and protection from predators who might try and eat them. So you should always check your home thoroughly if you suspect any rodents have taken up residence because rats can be anywhere in your home. A professional Over Alderley rat catcher near me will be required.
The following are some of the most likely places you may find a rat's den:
- Garbage and underneath it. Rats will eat almost anything, including dog food, meat, vegetables and fruit. They also like to chew on paper and cardboard or even clothing to make their nests soft and warm for sleeping in at night. So check around the garbage and inside it before taking it out to avoid any nasty surprises when you open up the bin! If there is much debris strewn around the bins, this could be an obvious sign that rodents have been eating from here. Make sure to put out garbage only during collection days so any animals who may be looking for treats won't hang about too long.
- In cupboards and drawers. Rats can squeeze into tight spaces, so they can easily get inside your home by going through any holes in your kitchen walls or around pipes. They may have been attracted to a building or home by a food source that is very close by, such as a bin or a dumpster. Make sure to look under sinks for rat activity, especially if you find droppings there too.
Smells and odours that attract rats:
- Garbage, food products such as cereals, crackers and seeds.
- Vegetables and fruits such as potatoes, onions and carrots.
- Bread and grains such as rice, corn and oats.
- Dairy products such as milk and cheese.
- Sweets like chocolate and sugar.
- Pet food and supplies such as a dry dog or cat food.
You should also check for access to your home in places like:
- The roof and under the eaves. Rats love chewing on electrical cables, so make sure none of these is exposed or unprotected before sealing any holes around the house.
If you suspect rodents have made a nest in your home or building, don't delay when it comes to getting them out because that could just give them more time to breed and multiply! Instead, make sure you call an Over Alderley rat exterminator.
How does light affect rats?
Light is a very big factor when it comes to the way rats behave. Rats are nocturnal creatures, so they do most of their moving about at night. If you see a rat in your home or garden during the day, there's a reason for that and not a good one! Rats have been known to come out in the daytime when they're sick and dying because they need help from other rats or humans to make it through until sunrise. When you see a rat during the day, this could signal an infestation (rats can carry diseases like salmonellosis and leptospirosis), or it could be trying to communicate with you that something is wrong with them. So if you see one rat, there are usually more around.
If you have a rat infestation, make sure you contact your Over Alderley rat exterminator as soon as possible. Most experts recommend that homeowners who have rodents present should regularly have pest control to prevent any infestations instead of dealing with it after the fact. So often, homeowners put off getting rid of rats because they see them as cute creatures, thinking they won't do any harm-but. This couldn't be further from the truth! If there are rats inside or outside your home, you should address the issue or risk major damage being done to your building and property.
Over Alderley Rat Control Treatments and Removal Service are here to help you with rat infestation removal. If rats have already invaded your home, there's no time like the present to call for professional assistance. We offer 24 Hour Over Alderley Professional Pest Control Rats services so that we can eliminate all traces of rodents from your property as soon as possible. So give us a call today!