Need Help? Call Us On 0161 776 9832 For Expert Pest Control Advice On How To Identify Pest Infestations And Help Solve Your Pest Problem.
Mice Infestation? Call the professionals for St Helens Mice Control
Do I have a mouse infestation?
Unlike other pests we remove, you may not even know that you have a mouse infestation. Mice are timid and shy creatures; they are also nocturnal which makes spotting one a rare sight. So how do you know you have mice then? There are a few tell-tale signs to watch out for:
- Droppings – small and dark with a point each end, roughly the size of a one pence piece.
- Gnawing – Mice will gnaw at anything, look out for small indentations caused by their front teeth, mice can gnaw large areas so don't be dismissive of size.
- Noise – There are a few telling noises that mice make, listen out for squeaking or scurrying.
What are the risks associated with mice?
Why would you need to consider St Helen's mice control then? There are two very important reasons as to why you should consider mouse control; the first is that mice carry a lot of diseases. It goes without saying that any disease is harmful, but what you may find surprising is the serious nature of the disease that can be contracted from a mouse infestation:
- Salmonella – spread through mouse droppings, salmonella leads to severe sickness and diarrhoea.
- Hantavirus – can be caught through urine, droppings or if you're unlucky enough an infected bite, leads to kidney damage and in some cases failure.
- Lyme disease – carried by mice, the ticks which feed on them contract the disease and via those ticks, Lyme disease can spread to humans, a particularly nasty disease, left untreated can affect the brain, nerves and even the heart.
The second reason is that mice can cause a lot of damage, not only can they cause cosmetic damage, they also can cause potentially life threating damage by gnawing on cables and services leading into or within the building itself. This can result in hefty repair bills and even put lives at risk through an increased risk of electrical faults or fire. Taking into account the above it's not a question of just considering St Helen's mice control, the potential risk makes it a necessity.
Dealing with a mice infestation
Although mice are a pest, there are some species which are protected by law and with hundreds of species of mouse in the UK it's essential to know exactly what you're dealing with, luckily we do. At Young's pest control our St Helen's mice control experts have a wealth of knowledge gained over years of experience in the industry, as each mouse removal can differ greatly from one to the next we deal with each situation on a case by case basis using our expertise to do the job properly
As the lifespan of a mouse is relatively short, a small scale mouse problem could quickly turn into a large scale mice infestation. Many species of mice have a lifespan of just a few months so needless to say the rate at which they breed is rapid with many having as many as 9 litters per year. If you believe there are mice on your property it's always prudent to arrange for a St Helens mice control service and stop the problem whilst it's still in the early stages
We pride ourselves on our delivering a competent, professional and high-quality service when it comes to St Helen's mice control you can rest assured that Young's Pest Control will clear your mice infestation every time.