Need Help? Call us on 0161 776 9832 or drop us an email for expert pest control advice on how to identify pest infestations and help solve your problem.
Ainsworth Wasp Nest Removal
Wasps and hornets are some of the most common pests we can find in our homes or even business premises. They are some of the most dreaded pests as they can cause you so much harm and pain. These insects have a very violent and aggressive nature when their nests are disturbed or touched, and their stings are so painful and can cause serious injuries and swelling. But they could be worse if you are allergic as they can cause your airways to block due to the swellings. Therefore, it is important to act quickly whenever you spot a wasp nest. The best option is to call a professional wasp exterminator to provide their assistance when you spot a nest in your homesteads or business premises.
Signs of a wasp infestation
You can easily know if you have a wasp infestation in your homestead or even on your premises. You don't need any special equipment to do so as you can just have a keen eye to know and look around for strange insects flying around. Here are some of the most common signs you can identify to know if you have a hornet or wasp infestation.
- Increased activity or population of wasps or hornets. When you notice an increased number of flying insects in your environment, it should be a red flag. Wasps are unique and have very distinctive features that you can identify them with. They are slender with long wings and slightly bigger than other insects. Their bodies are marked with black and yellow stripes or brown and black. If you notice an increased activity of these insects, then a nest might be nearby, and you should contact a local Ainsworth wasp nest removal company like Young's pest control to help in locating it.
- Chewed wood around your homestead or premise. Wasps and hornets build their nests by chewing the wood around the environment. If you come across very many patches of chewed-up wood with burrows and holes, then you should start taking precautions. It might also be the work of termites, but you should also be keen to look around for a wasp nest.
- Finding the nest itself. This is the most obvious sign of a wasp or hornet infestation. You can find nests built anywhere in your homestead, but mostly you will find them on the roofs or walls. Wasps also like building their nests beneath the roof as it gives them easy access to the outdoors. When you spot one, you should not disturb it as wasps will defend their nests at the slightest provocation. It is advisable to seek professionals like local Ainsworth wasp nest removal. Wasp nest removal cost might be much more than treating the nest yourself, but it is much safer and ensures the job done is efficient.
How to locate a wasp or hornets' nest
To deal with a wasp infestation before it becomes serious, you can equip yourself with the skills of identifying or locating a nest in your home. Some nests might be well hidden, but the below tips will help you locate them with much ease and get assistance for hornet and wasp control.
- Always be on the lookout for cone-shaped structures with a papery material. Knowing the shape will help you in identifying them quickly.
- Always inspect your home's walls and roof to see if wasps are building a nest.
- When you notice an increased activity of wasps and hornets, you should follow their flight path back to the origin to locate their hiding place. When you find the origin is in the attic or crawls spaces, you will need professionals for an effective hornet and wasp control.
Since hornets and wasps are dangerous pests, there are many reasons why you should always contact well-trained wasp exterminators to help you get rid of a wasp nest. Professionals will use safe means to get rid of a wasp nest in your home without causing harm or danger to anyone. Also, they are well equipped with special clothes and trained in handling wasps and hornets. The wasp nest removal cost might be more, but they will handle the job professionally.