Some pest control methods, unfortunately, lead to hidden bodies that can only be found or not in some cases by their smells the most important step is to try and find the rodent body but this can be challenging.
Normally rodents die in inaccessible places normally this does not cause any problems but in some cases, it starts to decompose and smells, unfortunately, this can take 3 weeks or longer for a rat or mouse to decompose.
If it’s down into a cavity wall you may be able to find an experienced builder to remove it but sometimes you’re better off leaving it to decompose as things can get expensive very quick when it comes down to building work.
We have to put together a couple of pointers to help stop or find the dead mouse or rat
- Locate and remove the carcass the sooner you can do it the quicker the smell will be gone but finding it can be very difficult you might want to hire a professional to do this if you do find the rodent don’t forget to wear the correct PPE and dispose of the rodents properly once found.
- If you’re unable to find the rodents you’re going to have to ride the smell out leaving the heating on will help to decompose the rat or mouse faster.
- Masking the smell you can get rodent deodorant which is a type of strong air freshener that will mask the smell.
- Make sure you ventilate the property this will help rid the smell.
- Scented candles or Jasmine sticks is another good solution to mask the smell.
I hope this helps there is no simple solution to get rid of a rodent that has died in an inaccessible place a point to make it will disappear naturally it just takes a little bit of time