Need Help? Call Us On 0161 776 9832 For Expert Pest Control Advice On How To Identify Pest Infestations And Help Solve Your Pest Problem.
Professional Haydock Honey Bee Nest Removal
Spring brings with it all the signs of summer, including bees. Unusually high bee activity can alert you to an infestation. There are seven species of honey bee common to the UK, all of which exhibit the same behaviours and all of which qualify as a pest that needs to be expertly controlled. Because honey bees are a protected species, professional Haydock honey bee nest removal or honey bee hive removal is highly recommended.
When Honey Bees Become a Problem
Colonies can number up to 80,000 – an alarming figure compared to the meagre 400 bees that make up a bumblebee colony. In addition, the potential for each territory to split into swarms and create multiple hives makes them an invasive pest requiring honey bee swarm removal.
Honey Bee Behaviour
- All bees will sting when threatened.
- Honey bees release a pheromone when attacked, which triggers other bees in the area.
- They can swarm in or near grounds and property.
- They build perennial nests, meaning they're active all year round
Honey Bee Habitats
- Interiors: wall cavities, roof soffits, air vents, attics, garages and workshops
- Exteriors: trees, undergrowth and garden sheds
Many people seek professional honey bee control, including Haydock honey bee nest removal or simply honey swarm removal. A nest in something like an attic or wall cavity can be a nightmare for a home or business owner. Nests can be hard-to-reach in well-hidden corners and require professional Haydock honey bee nest removal.
What To Do If You Spot An Infestation
- Leave them alone: avoid the area
- Tell others: place a warning sign if needed
- Call the experts at Young's Pest Control
Do not attempt honey bee swarm removal or the removal of the nest yourself. As a protected species, they require re-homing, with the help of a local beekeeper, and must be treated by an expert. In addition, it can be dangerous to provoke the hive, and they will sting – potentially en masse – if you threaten them.
Luckily, our friendly, local team of fully qualified pest controllers and bee handling experts is on hand to provide specialist advice and a high-quality honey bee control service.