Need Help? Call Us On 0161 776 9832 For Expert Pest Control Advice On How To Identify Pest Infestations And Help Solve Your Pest Problem.
Are you having trouble With Squirrels?
If you've been dealing with squirrels in your home, you may be wondering why they are such a big problem. Squirrels can cause much damage to your property, and they can also transmit diseases. This article will discuss why squirrels are destructive to your home. Upon entry, these pests will look for weak spots on your roof or around the house; once these holes form, they will allow for water to seep in and eventually, dampness will set in, making squirrel control a must in your home.
These pests will build their homes in various places, including lofts, roof spaces, insulation, garages, and fascia boards.
They cause structural damage by gnawing on items like rafters and beams. They also go through plastics and a whole host of cables. These include CCTV cameras, telephone wires, alarm cables, and worst of all, electrical wiring causing fires that can lead to your home being burnt down. But, again, Bardsley Squirrel Pest Control can assist in avoiding if we are contacted early.
They often build their dreys between insulation. This can cause a range of problems, but the most obvious is that the insulation will lose efficiency.
They also carry a multitude of diseases like the hantavirus, which can be transmitted through urine or faeces contact. They also carry fleas and ticks that spread diseases like the plague, so it's not just damage to worry about. Bardsley Squirrel Trapping can get in and ensure this is no longer a botheration for you.
Description of a Squirrel
Squirrels are small, bushy-tailed rodents that are common in North America. They can be grey, black, or reddish in colour, and they have a long tails. They range in size but normally weigh between one and two pounds. And measure about twelve to eighteen inches.
Their active time is during the day. They like to climb trees eat nuts, fruit, berries, insects, and bird eggs. They will often hoard food items for later use.
Interesting facts about squirrels
- Squirrels are omnivorous animals so that they can eat a variety of things. They mainly eat nuts, seeds, and fruits, but they will also eat insects, eggs, and small mammals.
- Their dreys are often made out of leaves, twigs, and other materials that they can find.
- Despite their small size, squirrels can give birth to as many as six babies at a time. The babies are born blind and without fur, and they stay with their parents until they are about 3 months old.
- they were introduced into the UK in 1870. Since then, their population has multiplied thousands of times over, and in 1981 they were considered vermin. They are an invasive species that you do not want in your home, and we can help in getting rid of Squirrels
- They will bite if they feel threatened or they are cornered and out of options
- they cost the UK government around £50 million in damages
It is important that when you have a squirrel infestation, you choose the right company to help, like Bardsley Squirrel Pest Control. A DIY product may seem like a cheaper and easier option, but it will not do the job as well as an expert. Squirrels are very clever animals and can be difficult to get rid of; using a professional is the best way to do it. - When you hire Bardsley, we will send one of our experts out to your home right away. They will inspect the area and come up with a plan tailored specifically for your situation. We understand that each infestation is different, so we take the time to create a unique plan to work effectively, so don't wait to call Bardsley Squirrel Trapping today!