Need Help? Call Us On 0161 776 9832 For Expert Pest Control Advice On How To Identify Pest Infestations And Help Solve Your Pest Problem.
Professional Ashton-in-Makerfield Woodworm Treatment
Woodworm is a general word that covers the different kinds of wood-eating beetles. The Common Furniture Beetle is the commonest woodworm species in the UK. An adult Common Furniture beetle is about 3 to 5mm in length. Powderpost beetles, House Longhorn beetles, and Deathwatch beetles are also found in the UK.
Where woodworm live
Adult woodworm lay eggs in the cracks found in timber, floorboards, furniture, and other wooden objects. When the larva is hatched, it burrows through timber and cannot be easily seen by the property owner. The larva feeds on the wood and continues tunneling for a number of years. As it continues to mature, it continues to eat its way to the wood surface.
• Small, round holes on the surface of the timber
• Fine, bore-dust (frass) on the timber surface
• Tunnels or galleries in the wood
• Woodworm larvae
• Eggs on wooden surfaces
• Crumbling wood around the property
• Damaged and weak floorboards
• Frass on the underside or back of furniture
• Adult beetles present around the house or emerging from the holes
• Dead beetles inside or outside the house
Damage woodworm can cause
If woodworm is not identified and treated in good time, they can cause untold damage to property. Below are some of the damages they could cause:
• They weaken timber severely, leading to structural failure.
• They can damage furniture, floorboards and other wooden objects.
• They could also damage joists and rafters.
Why do-it-yourself treatment for woodworm removal is not enough
Some people may decide to carry out Ashton-in-Makerfield woodworm treatment on furniture and other areas on their own. However, woodworm lives inside wood where you cannot even see them. Using Ashton-in-Makerfield woodworm treatment spray and other products may kill surface woodworm but does not eradicate the problem. There are different woodworm species and they all require different treatment methods. To eradicate woodworm, professional methods have to be used alongside conventional treatments.
Why the use of professional treatment for woodworm removal is recommended
Ashton-in-Makerfield woodworm treatment furniture and woodworm treatment of other parts of the property is best left to professionals due to the following reasons:
• They are able to assess the situation thoroughly and find out whether the woodworm infestation is active.
• They have the skills and expertise to identify different woodworm species and treat them accordingly.
• They know what to do with structurally-weakened timber in order to preserve the structure.
• They offer a long-lasting solution to the problem and their treatments carry a guarantee.
Young’s Pest Control is one of the companies that offer localised professional treatment for woodworm in the UK. They carry out all forms of treatments including Ashton-in-Makerfield woodworm treatment furniture services. They combine professional methods with conventional methods like Ashton-in-Makerfield woodworm treatment spray to provide their clients with effective, long-term solutions to woodworm problems. They offer their services at competitive prices and can be easily reached on phone.