Need Help? Call us on 0161 776 9832 or drop us an email for expert pest control advice on how to identify pest infestations and help solve your problem.
Littleborough BumbleBee Control Experts
Bumblebees are one of the most typical varieties in the country. They are big in size and round in shape, with furry, dark and gold coloured bodies. They are social insects and live in colonies. The bee queens first set up their home earlier in the year, commonly choosing places, such as:
- bushes and trees
- wall cavities
- roofs, attics, chimneys.
One particular variety, the tree bumblebees, first appeared in the country only about a decade ago. Since then, the tree bumblebees have made their bold stamp on the insect landscape, resourcefully setting up nests in bird boxes, tree hollows, under roof tiles.
Once established, the bumblebee colony develops and quickly becomes fully functioning, housing a large number of insects. All bumblebees possess a sting and will use it effectively to defend their home - they can be very aggressive and will sting if the nest is disturbed or if they feel under threat. Therefore if their colony is permanently established in close proximity to residential or commercial property it can cause a serious disruption to your day-to-day routines or loss of business. The presence of the nest can also pose a significant danger to health due to the possibility of people in its vicinity being stung.
The main health risks associated with a bumblebee sting are:
- pain, swelling, itching, hives
- facial swelling or swelling of the tongue or the throat
- allergy to the bee venom - the sting can trigger a mild response or severe reaction, such as potentially life-entreating anaphylaxis.
Upon discovering the bee nest people may be tempted to deal with the problem on their own. However, approaching the problem without the appropriate Littleborough bumblebee control knowledge and preparation can be hazardous. The safest course of action is to contact our professional Littleborough bumblebee removal specialists. They are experts who have all the necessary equipment and qualification to approach the situation and resolve it with minimum disturbance to your day-to-day living activities or business.
The bumblebee removal specialists will:
- locate the nest
- determine the best way of accessing it without danger and the most suitable approach for Littleborough bumblebee control in the particular circumstances
- inform you of the findings and provide advice and recommendation on the removal technique and treatment to be used
- apply the treatment safely, using risk-free and injury-free methods, to ensure your safety
- advise you on the best steps to prevent future re-occurring of the problem.